12. How will St Catherine's help me and my child with the transition process?
- We liaise and where possible visit the school or nursery your child is transferring from.
- We take care to ensure that during transition points (between classes and at the end of Key Stages) all staff are aware of individual pupils’ needs, learning progress and best support strategies.
- Additional transition sessions may be arranged for a child to ensure the process is as smooth as possible.
- When your child transfers to his/her secondary school of choice we liaise closely with the inclusion team at the new setting. All supporting documents will be passed on.
- If your child has an EHCP, we will facilitate the review in sufficient time prior to him/her moving between key phases of education. You will be kept informed of these arrangements and asked to attend the reviews.