Our Visions & Values
At St. Catherine’s we care and respect each other. We are all special and God loves us.
We are a caring community which aims to promote respect and understanding of all Individuals through a sharing of Catholic Faith and the love of Christ. All children will feel a sense of worth, knowing that they are valued and loved by God in their uniqueness.
We seek to create a learning environment which enables our children to succeed to their best ability and which recognises and values their variety of talents
We acknowledge the importance of our role in support for the family, the parish and the wider community
Aims of our School
- That the school has a Catholic ethos which allows the children to live, learn and grow in love, which tolerance, confidence and respect, using our Lord Jesus Christ as their example.
- That there is a firm, loving but structured approach to discipline, which allows the children to make the most of their time in Saint Catherine of Siena School.
- To acknowledge the various cultural backgrounds, build upon the strengths and encourage the acceptance of difference, so that our children can full participate in our multi-cultural society.
- To provide the children with a caring, stable school, that encourages a sense of self-esteem and self-worth.
- To deliver the National Curriculum.
- That our curriculum places enough emphasis on the acquisition of the basic skills that will support the children in later life.
- That the children experience an academic curriculum that is broad, challenging and designed to meet their individual needs.
- That the children are given the opportunity to achieve, but not at the expense of others.
- That the school sets and expects high standards in all we attempt.
- To support children with their own individual special needs.
- To encourage the children to do their best all times.
- To help prepare the children for secondary school and ultimately to make the most of their life opportunities.